Tuesday 18 March 2014

My daily skincare routine

Hi dolls! 

Today's post is centred around skincare, and how you can keep yours looking nice and young by taking action NOW. It's very important to look after your skin and invest in your skincare. I've never understood people who will spend £50+ on a foundation and take it off at night with a pack of £2.99 'cleansing' wipes. Bonkers. Ditch the expensive make up and invest in some proper cleansing products. You'll thank me in 30 years time when you've still got soft young skin!


So, what do I do? Well, my skincare regime starts in the evening when I wash away the day. As I wear quite heavy make up, I like to double cleanse. Cleansing is an essential part of your daily routine and keeps your skin radiant by removing any impurities or make-up that clogs the pores. 'What is double cleansing?' I hear you ask. Well, double cleansing is, basically, just cleansing your skin twice. The first step removes make-up while allowing the second step to get a deeper clean and purify the skin. 






  • The fist cleanser I like to use is Peaches & Clean by Soap and Glory. This product is a wash-off cleansing milk, and glides on your skin making this first step quick and easy. Plus it smells great, bonus! 
  • The second step to my skin routine is round two of cleansing. This step is just to ensure that every last bit of make up is off, and to purify the skin underneath. I like to use Eau Micellaire Douceur by Lancôme, which is a water based cleanser. Wipe on, wipe off. Simple.
  • I then remove any eye make up using Clinique's 'Take The Day Off Make Up Remover - Lids Lashes Lips'. I find that this is the only eye make up remover oily enough to remove every last bit of gel liner, lash glue and waterproof mascara. Very gentle on the eyes too. A comparable product would be Clarins Instant Eye Make Up Remover. Similarly to the Clinique product, it works on a 'shake to activate' basis. Or 'bio-phase', if you wanna be fancy. 
  • Next - toning. Toning is an important step that completes the cleansing process, yet many people choose to leave this step out. But really, toning should be considered an essential part of the cleansing process. Years ago, toner was used to wipe away any residue of cleanser left on the skin, but long gone are the days that our cleansers contain nasty harsh ingredients that were harmful to leave on the skin. Nowadays, the main part that toner plays is rebalancing the skin's natural pH level. So, the toner I use is Lancôme's Tonique Douceur. This toner has a lovely rose scent to it.

With my face now nicely cleansed and toned, what's next? Moisturiser! I like to moisturise in two steps. The first, using a serum. A serum should be tailored to your skin condition. Whereas your moisturiser should accommodate for your skin type. What's the difference? I find this page a very helpful explanatory link. Check it out. http://www.renaissanceskincarebeauty.co.uk/skin-problems-solved/whats-the-difference-between-skin-types-and-conditions/

  • So, first I use my serum. I only use this in the morning, in the evenings I'd skip this step and go straight onto the next. I use 'Make Yourself Youthful' by Soap and Glory. I simply use one pump and warm it in my hands, and then massage onto the face staring at the centre and spreading outwards to increase circulation
  • And finally I apply MAC's Studio Moisture Cream to my skin to lock in hydration. If you find you have extremely dry skin, try out MAC's Water Moisture Gel. This is tailored to dryer skin types and over time increases hydration in the skin. Voilà! 
So, that's my daily skincare routine. Skincare is a very complex thing and is completely different for everyone. Different skin types require different care. What's yours? What are your holy grail cleansers, toners and moisturisers? Let me know! Tweet me at @makeupmanual or email missmakeupmanual@gmail.com 

Mwah x

@makeupmanual

No comments:

Post a Comment