Monday 17 March 2014

Review: MAC's Lightful Cleanser

Hello dolls! I hope everyone had a fun filled weekend! I know I certainly did. 

I kicked my weekend off with a fresh set of acrylics (score!), followed by a full body exfoliation and tan, and topped it all off with spending too much money in Cambridge on products that I could probably do without. Ooops. Nevertheless, I believe a girl can never have to many cleansers/lipsticks/nail varnishes/shoes/...(insert item you bought but probably shouldn't have here)

So, following spending too much money in MAC, the lady clearly felt very sorry for my boyfriend's bank account and proceeded to chuck in lots of free samples to make the whole experience worth it. Wicked. 

One of the samples I received was MAC's Lightful Cleanser. Which is new to many MAC stores and counters in the UK. 

Following the amazing reviews and the way that beauty geeks raved about it, I was very excited to try it. So, what did I think? Well, I must say, I was disappointed. Overall it wasn't a bad product, however my skin did not like it. Admittedly the wash-off cleanser I'm currently using is a mild cleansing milk, but I found that this foaming cleanser felt very harsh on my skin. Comparable to washing your face with a bar of soap. Naaaaaaat Nice.

I don't like to end on a negative so I will confess that I can understand the appeal of the cleanser that people rave about, with the lovely scent and texture, using the cleaner was a pampering experience. 

What did you think of the product? Leave a comment or tweet me at @makeupmanual

Mwah x

@makeupmanual


No comments:

Post a Comment